Saturday 11 March 2017

Cast all your cares on Him

I feel that I spent more time trying to get an accurate photo of this card than making it, but the colours are finally close enough:



The sketch is from Mojo Monday and the colours are from the YNS colour challenge:



I replaced the half-circle with a half-rectangle and dry embossed the vertical column with a double-partial embossing technique (using a DIY embossing diffuser). Double-partial? Yup, I'm coining this term. This card is 5 x 6.5, so the brown panel was too big for my A2-sized embossing folder. I partially embossed from the top, and then ran it through again from the other end.

The stamp is from Verve's Faith Medley, part of my small but growing faith-based sets, because my mom commissioned me I offered to make my mom a stash of cards for her church fellowship group.

I am submitting this to:
Mojo Monday #487
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #272-273 - Anything Goes
YNS Color Challenge #59
SSS Wednesday Challenge: For a Special Lady / Girl (This card is going to my mom) 

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, and the colors you put together, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete